One major update today and a few minor ones:
You can now sign up for a free Lean Domain Search account so that your favorites and search history will be stored online instead of in your browser’s cookies. This is important for two reasons:
- If your cookies are deleted you won’t lose all of your favorites or search history because they’ll be stored online
- You can switch computers and still have access to your favorites and search history
When you sign up your existing favorites and search history will be automatically imported into your new account. If you do happen to add a few favorites while you’re not signed in, have no fear, they will be saved to your account next time you sign in.
To sign up for a free account, head over to our account creation page page.
Today also brings quite a few design tweaks which I think you’ll agree improve the aesthetics a lot:
Here’s the before and after of the search results and the blog (click to view full image):
The changes include:
- The header is now slightly thicker and slightly lighter. It also includes sign up and sign in links so you can quickly access your account from any page on the site.
- The blue background no longer has a gradient; it’s now solid and a few shades darker.
- You can’t see it on the screenshot, but the Ajax “searching…” spinner is back when you make a search.
- The left sidebar no longer includes a user survey and no longer includes a newsletter sign up. You can optionally sign up for our newsletter when you create an account.
- The blog and all of the supporting pages (About, FAQs, Testimonials, Terms and Privacy, Contact) now have a solid white background with dark text which makes them a hell of a lot easier to read.
There a lot of updates planned over the next few weeks. As always, if you run into any snags or have any recommendations please don’t hesitate to drop me a note.